Hawaiian name: ‘A
Scientific name: Sula leucogaster
- Life Span: > 20 years
- Wingspan: 132-155 cm (52-61 in)
- Breeding Ecology:
- Pantropical breeding range
- 2 eggs/clutch (only 1 chick survives); 1 clutch/year (replacement laying occurs)
- Incubation lasts 42-45 days; chicks fledge after 100 days
- Populations worldwide have declined dramatically over the past 200 years and may be at only 10% of historic levels.
- Brown Boobies were the most common booby species at Midway in the 1930s but declined quickly with the introduction of rats (Rattus rattus).